Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Case of the Eyeliner Monster

it all started on one fine morning, during the usual mad scramble for work. you see, my normal routine everyday would be (in 10 mins): dab some powder, slap on some lip balm, line my eyes, don the hijab and go. just imagine my head like a production line conveyor and my hands are machinery arms putting all the pieces together, except my head is not actually revolving of course. so if one step is missed, the whole routine would crash as the whole mechanism would fail and i'd feel terribly incomplete to start a day's work ahead.

so on that fateful morning, one hand was dabbing the powder and the other was groping everywhere in my plus-sized bag for the liner. after a fair bit of searching i still couldn't locate it, be it in its usual pocket or any other area in the bag. by then the alarms in my head started to go off and i turned my full attention to search for that elusive eyeliner. i'd have to tell you i'm a huge fan of eyeliner and at any one time i would usually have 3 different colors in possession...so imagine my horror when i couldn't find all 3! where can my precious eyeliners be?? seeing that i was already 30 mins late for work, i decided to just leave it and investigate later.

so the days after that was spent searching for the eyeliners. i ransacked my room, interrogated my sister, cleaned out my car (just in case) but they were nowhere to be found. i even bought another eyeliner to soothe my sorrows.

until one day...i was searching for something in my bag when i felt a long shape under the bag lining. curiosity got the better of me so i emptied out the contents to see what was this mystery thing hiding in there (told you my bag was huge :P) and how i could get it out. it turns out there was this small itty bitty hole in the side pocket, big enough for to poke a finger through. so i vigorously guided the mystery thing to reach the hole and yes, you guessed it...it was one of my eyeliners! order was restored again in bohemian-land! thus this happy moment of discovery lead me to search my bag again for any more stuff hiding in there...as a result i found the other 2 eyeliners in there AND my lip gloss which i though i misplaced somewhere.

so girls (and boys), there's valuable lesson to be learned by all of us here...invest in a good makeup bag to store your cosmetics! u never know when the eyeliner monster will attack :D

No comments: